Pages

Tuesday 14 January 2014

Internship 14th January

Today was a really exciting day for me as I got to go to my first ever trade show! Yesterday we spent the best part of the evening loading up the car with mannequins, lingerie and press cards. We had the press cards printed with images from the latest Autumn/Winter collection, and also one of celebrities wearing Lascivious.


We got to the Metropolitan Hotel at about 9am, and began to set up our stand at The Lingerie Edit, which is a new trade show in London. It was really busy as everybody was setting up also so it was pretty difficult to manoeuvre our mannequins around everyones stands! But we managed. When setting up we had to be really careful to make our stand, well, stand out! And also not to get confused with other stands that were nearby. We assembled the mannequins and chose which pieces would look best on them, as well as putting together the rail with the collection on it, and a table for accessories and pieces from Lascivious' collaborations with other designers. It looked great when it was finished, no pictures unfortunately as they weren't allowed!

The experience was really great, although I did not get to stay long as there was only so much I could do. However I got to see how a trade show works, and also got to see some gorgeous collections from the likes of Damaris, Fifi Chachnil, Claudette and Maison Close. It was really exciting for me to be able to see all these previews as a lingerie lover, and I can't wait until it's all released! The trade show continues tomorrow, however I will be back in the studio.

No comments:

Post a Comment