Pages

Friday 22 November 2013

Ann Demeulemeester's Departure


Dear friends,

As a young girl I dreamed of having a voice in fashion. I worked hard to realise this dream and now I feel that I have accomplished this mission.

I always followed my own path

A new time is coming both for my personal life and the brand "Ann Demeulemeester". I feel it's time to separate our paths.

"Ann Demeulemeester" is an adult brand now with it's own identity and legacy that is to continue proving without me.

I trust the company and the people that worked hard with me. We prepared this step together and they feel ready to bring the brand further into the future.

For the next winter collection we have decided to show men and women in one show on the 27th February 2014. The mens collection will be in the showroom in January 2014.

I want to thank all of you with all my heart for the trust and support you have given me. I fee proud of what we realised together.

I'm a happy and fulfilled person, ready to create new challenges in life.

X
Ann Demeulemeester


This was the handwritten letter that Ann Demeulemeester chose to announce her departure from the eponymous fashion house. The brand begun it's journey in 1985 by one of the women known as the Antwerp Six, a group of emerging designers from the academy. Despite her departure it's said that nothing will change because of her team of designers trained by Ann herself, and there are no plans to assign a successor currently.

Although the reason for her departure is unknown, we can assume from her letter that it was simply a case of her having fulfilled her dream and wanting to begin a new journey. She has left a legacy that will no doubt continue for a very long time. 

SS2014

SS2013
SS2011

AW2009

No comments:

Post a Comment