Pages

Saturday 1 June 2013

Style Inspiration: Alexander McQueen

I first experienced this collection quite young when I was bought a book on the history of fashion, which talked about the most influential people, collections and movements in fashion. I think the initial shock of seeing the word "rape" to describe fashion is definitely what made it memorable along with the image - a red haired girl with plaits and different coloured dreadlocks, with an open knit jumper exposing bare breasts and a lace skirt exposing her knickers. I think I somewhat related to it with my Scottish heritage and the collection was described as "England's rape of Scotland". I have always been fascinated by things that were slightly disturbing and using that in fashion was even more intriguing. I think I liked the way it explored taboos. Anyway enough of my rambling let's post some photos!









No comments:

Post a Comment