Pages

Sunday 9 June 2013

Ravensbourne's Show at GFW

Last Monday I was incredibly excited to see the Rave show at Graduate Fashion Week. We arrived and went straight to the stand which was getting a lot of attention, even from the likes of fashion blogger Susie Bubble! When show time came around, there definitely was a buzz about the place. The music started and the first collection stomped out, and the cameras started flashing. There was an undeniably cool vibe at the show. Here are some of my favourites from the show!

Luke Harris

The dark, almost fetishistic collection from Luke Harris caught my eye. It reminded me a lot of Gareth Pugh. I loved the caged headwear and bondage-inspired accents such as chained cuffs.

Sofie Malmgren
Sofie's was another favourite for it's all-white minimalism and pristine cuts. I particularly loved the clear PVC inserts and rose gold accents.

Josephine Pettiman AKA Phiney Pet
I adored Phiney Pet's vibrant collection, particularly the hand-painted leather jacket! Her adorable illustrations featured all over the garments.

Leanne Warren
I adored this religious iconography-inspired collection. Leanne's illustrations were a big hit with me.

Rose Blair
It was tacky 90s galore in Rose Blair's collection! But only in the most fashionable way. This My Little Pony jacket made me gasp in excitement!

I loved how experimental Ravensbourne's show was. It really proved just how forward thinking this university is and I was so taken aback by the talent I saw at GFW.

No comments:

Post a Comment