Pages

Saturday 27 April 2013

Church Lookbook Part 1

I've started to put together looks for the Church-themed editorial which will be featured in our university magazine. I need 8 in total (it will be a 12 page spread with 2 double pages), so I started off with having three looks. I think I will try and make/photograph as many looks as possible so I can bin some if they don't work as well as the others. These are my first three ideas. I've just photographed them on myself for now to give me an idea of how it would look on a person as the model will be a similar size to me.




Look 1:
High-neck lace top - Primark
Lace bralet (on top) - Topshop
Lace midi-skirt - Oh my Love
Flower headband - Primark
Frilly topped black socks - Primark
Heels - New Look

I think that this look works quite well together, it reminds me a little of Italian church-goers with the length of the skirt and the black lace. I think the flower crown adds some colour into the look, though I might prefer to use a black veil instead. I think I would rather different heels too.


Look 2:
Dress - Jones + Jones
White lace shirt - Miss Selfridge
Socks with white lace tops - Primark
Heels - Jeffrey Campbell
Belt - Charity shop

I would not have used a brown belt usually but at the time I did not have a black belt on hand, so I would use that instead. I think this look really illustrates the "Sunday Best" look that we're going for, it's quite modern but somehow even with a short skirt it seems quite demure. I think it needs accessories such as a large cross necklace.


 



Look 3:
T-Shirt - Smut Clothing
Skirt - handmade by me
Crown - Topshop
Bracelets - Primark + Topman
Ring - Urban Outfitters
Socks - Primark
Heels - New Look

I think the t-shirt really works with the idea of the editorial because of the faux-vicar collar and crosses, it's quite satirical but also this t-shirt is very current. I really like the skirt with the t-shirt but I'm not sure if it would be okay to use something I hand-made in the editorial (although it was very easy to do as someone with little to no sewing skills). I think the crown really reminds me of religious paintings and the halos painted around their heads. The whole look reminds me a bit of Madonna's Like a Prayer album.




No comments:

Post a Comment